On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Wolfgang Schuster <
schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>  Am 19.07.10 13:30, schrieb luigi scarso:
>
> The '*last' mode is enabled when context needs the maximal number of runs
>> for your document.
>

> \definetwopasslist{last}
> \starttext
> \gettwopassdata{last}
> \iftwopassdatafound
>  \savetwopassdata{last}{1}{\number\numexpr\twopassdata+1\relax}
> \else
>  \savetwopassdata{last}{1}{1}
> \fi
> \doifnotmode{*last}{not }the last run
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Hm.
>From core-sys.mkiv:

\appendtoks
    \ifcase\@@svn
        %                        % 0 : unknown
    \or
        \setsystemmode\v!first   % 1 : first run
    \or
        %                        % 2 : successive run
    \or
        \setsystemmode\v!first   % 3 : first and only run
    \or
        \setsystemmode\v!last    % 4 : (extra) last run
    \fi
\to \everysetupsystem

I suppose that last=4 runs
But the max number of runs is 8 , if I've understood  mtx-context.lua
So
\starttext
%%
%% content here
%%
\startmode[LAST]\myNullMacro\stopmode%
\stoptext

#> context mydocument.tex && context --mode=LAST mydocument.tex

ensure that the code inside \startmode[LAST]...\stopmode  is really seen the
"last " pass

--
luigi