Hi Hans, hi guys,

thanks for the explanation!

Does this mean that each time I want to change the font size of the text (e.g.
for a floating object or framed text) I must do this manually for mathematics?
or is there a way to adopt the font size of the text to mathematics? see below
for an example what I mean. Here, I used definetextbackground but the effect
remains in floating objects as well. I tried different font styles and
different font types, too.

Armin

********** EXAMPLE

\definealternativestyle[ImportantStyle][{\definedfont[Kurier-Bold at 24pt]}]

\definetextbackground[zhu]
 [location=paragraph,
 background=color,backgroundcolor=orange,
 leftoffset=0.5\bodyfontsize,rightoffset=.5\bodyfontsize,
 topoffset=.5\bodyfontsize,bottomoffset=.5\bodyfontsize,
 style=ImportantStyle,
 frame=off]

\startsetups important:start
 \starttextbackground[zhu]
\stopsetups

\startsetups important:stop
 \endgraf
 \stoptextbackground
\stopsetups

\definestartstop
 [important]
 [before=\setups{important:start},
 after=\setups{important:stop}]

\starttext

this looks normal $x$.

\startimportant
this uses the environment definetextbackground \mathematics{x}.
\stopimportant
\stoptext

****** END EXAMPLE