On 3-8-2010 10:07, Thomas Schmitz wrote:
Hi all,

I'm sorry I have to ask again about footnotes setup. I misunderstood the
style that our publisher wants. Maybe it's easiest when I do a bit of ASCII
art (will only work with a fixed-width font):

| texttexttexttexttex |
| textexttexttexttext |
| |
| 9 footnote 9, more |
| than one line. |
| 10 footnote 10. |

So: the footnote numbers in the footnotes are typeset in a box. This box is
just big enough to hold a three-digit footnote number. Its left edge is
flush with the text area. Within this box, the note number is aligned
flushright. The footnote text itself is one block; this block is indented a
fixed amount: the publisher wants all indentations (normal paragraphs,
blockquotes, footnotes) to be identical; let's say 16pt.

I played with the parameters of \setupnotedefinition and \setupfootnotes
that Wolfgang taught me yesterday, but I just can't find the right
combination.

Will wikify!

this works again:

\starttext

\showframe

\setupnotedefinition[footnote][location=left,width=1cm]
\setupnote[footnote][location=page,numbercommand=]

test \footnote{test}

\stoptext

this has changed (display key):

\setupnote [footnote][paragraph=yes,numbercommand=,inbetween=\hskip.5em\vl\hskip.5em] \setupdescriptions[footnote][display=no,location=serried,distance=.5em] % before=,after=

\starttext

\startlocalfootnotes
    local 1a\footnote{local note 1a}
    local 1b\footnote{local note 1b}