Am 05.08.10 14:14, schrieb Martin Althoff:
Just curious about the intented behaviour of \noindent.

If I place it as shown in the example, the next paragraph will still be indented.
However, if the blank line between \noindent and the following text is deleted or
contains a comment, the following text will not be indented. Is this placement dependency
intended? I thought I could use blank lines at liberty to "style" the sources.
No, you use it the wrong way, \noindent has to be used in front of text or a box but you in your case a paragraph is between \noindent and the text.

You should also use ConTeXt’s own commands \indentation and \noindentation.
Secondly, is there any way of integrating the \noindent into the \textrule.
Means: the paragraph following a textrule should not be indented. Not crucial,
but would reduce the clutter in the sources. There are about 600 textrules...
Not pretty, I know, but currently they are my indicator, that a page in the
original book, from which the text comes, has changed.
\setuptextrules[inbetween=\noindentation]
Thanks again, Martin

\setupindenting[yes,small]
\indenting[next]
\indenting is just a synonym for \setupindenting and deprecated, move 'next' into \setupindenting
\starttext
\input{davis}
\input{...} is LaTeX style, to read files with spaces in ConTeXt you can use \input "..." or \ReadFile{...}

Wolfgang