Hi everybody,

I tried to make a Metapost outline by following the mmakempy manual
but it didn't work. As I saw that "makempy" and "makempy.bat" files
were removed in 2010 (I don't remember the date), my question is: is
it still usable/valid feature?

I processed the example from the manual, both from a standalone mp
file and a tex file (which follows):
\starttext
\startMPcode
input mp-grph ;

beginfig(1) ;
  graphictext
    "$e=mc^2$"
    scaled 10
    dashed evenly
    withdrawcolor .7blue
    withfillcolor .7white
    withpen pencircle scaled 2pt ;
endfig ;
\stopMPcode
\stoptext

It sucessfully created the test-mpgraph.pdf with the text processed by
TeX but the result page is blank, though it seems the "graphic" is on
a line by itself (seen from another document where all the lines go
down). When the mp file is processed with "mtxrun --script mptopdf",
it warns of a width and height of less than 1in when it tries to
convert from ps to pdf. When the tex file is processed with "mtxrun
--script context", it complains that metapost had a problem flushing a
literal and that it couldn't find pstoedit. Of course, this could be
the problem, but I have no idea of how I could get around this. By the
way, I use the TeXlive 2010 pretest.

Thanks.

-- Cédric