On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Cecil Westerhof <cldwester...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In my opinion, title should be go out the startcheckbox env.
>
> Why?
Because your title is not a item at all --  its position is completely different
from a \item and it's a "title". Eventually something like
\startcheckbox[title={My title}]..\stopcheckbox

But  it's an opinion.

>    % CheckBoxIndent = -(margin + width) = -4.5em
>    \def\CheckBoxTitle[#1]{
>      \nop \hskip -4.5em #1
>    }
Yes; a problem arise if you must modify the margin and/or width a little.
You can use dimension eventually
\showframe
\definesymbol[checkbox][{[~~~]}]
\defineitemgroup[checkbox]
\newdimen\MyCheckBoxMargin
\MyCheckBoxMargin=2em
\newdimen\MyCheckBoxWidth
\MyCheckBoxWidth=2.5em
\def\CheckBoxTitle[#1]{
\nop \hskip \dimexpr -\MyCheckBoxWidth-\MyCheckBoxMargin\relax #1
}

\setupitemgroup[checkbox][each][packed][margin=\MyCheckBoxMargin,
          symbol=checkbox,width=\MyCheckBoxWidth,distance=.5em]

\starttext
\startcheckbox
\CheckBoxTitle[title]
\item Yes