On 22-9-2010 10:00, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

Am 18.09.2010 um 12:49 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:

This works in MkII, but not MkIV. Other symbol sets like mvs work
(even with a list of error messages).

All symbol fonts are tricky with mkiv because luatex moves them
to the private slots, you can see this on the terminal when you
load the font for the first time.

load afm>  unifying
/Users/wolf/context/tex/texmf-context/fonts/afm/hoekwater/koeieletters/koeielogos-contour.afm
load afm>  assigning private slot U+F0000 for unknown glyph name T_e_X
load afm>  assigning private slot U+F0001 for unknown glyph name texlogo.alt
load afm>  assigning private slot U+F0002 for unknown glyph name
contextlogo.shadow
load afm>  assigning private slot U+F0003 for unknown glyph name PragmaADElogo
load afm>  assigning private slot U+F0004 for unknown glyph name C_o_w_t_e_x_t

I found no system how the original position in the font and
the assigned position is related, maybe Taco knows a answer.

% symbols-001.tex

\starttext

    % for taco

    \definedfont[file:stmary10 at 100pt]

    \startTEXpage[offset=50pt]
        \fontchar{Yright}
    \stopTEXpage

\stoptext

So, access them by name.

I'll look into the cows later. Actually we need a nice open type variant (and then complete the font).