On Sep 30, 2010, at 21:01 , Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Hi,
>
> several days ago I asked about companions to Cambria, and Wolfgang kindly
> gave me this:
>
> \definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif] [cambria]  [default]
> \definetypeface [mainface] [ss] [sans]  [corbel]   [default] [rscale=auto]
> \definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]  [consolas] [default] [rscale=auto]
> \definetypeface [mainface] [mm] [math]  [cambria]  [default]
>

> which works fine, except for consolas. Shouldn't consolas be defined like
>
> \starttypescript [mono] [consolas] [name]
>   \setups[\s!font:\s!fallback:\s!sans]
>        \definefontsynonym [\s!Mono]           [\s!file:consola]
> [\s!features=\s!default]
>        \definefontsynonym [\s!MonoBold]       [\s!file:consolab]
> [\s!features=\s!default]
>        \definefontsynonym [\s!MonoItalic]     [\s!file:consolai]
> [\s!features=\s!default]
>        \definefontsynonym [\s!MonoBoldItalic] [\s!file:consolaz]
> [\s!features=\s!default]
>    \stoptypescript
>
> instead of
>
> Sans.... ? It's much more a monospace font then a Sans.
>
> Thanks
>
> Patrick

It seems, the ClearType fonts come with different filenames, so I had to define
them by name like Cambria is in type-otf (\definefontsynonym [CambriaSerif]
[name:cambria]):

\starttypescript [sans] [corbel] [name]
  \setups[font:fallback:sans]
  \definefontsynonym [Sans]           [name:corbel]           [features=default]
  \definefontsynonym [SansBold]       [name:corbelbold]       [features=default]
  \definefontsynonym [SansItalic]     [name:corbelitalic]     [features=default]
  \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic] [name:corbelbolditalic] [features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [mono] [consolas] [name]
  \setups[font:fallback:mono]
  \definefontsynonym [Mono]           [name:consolas]
[features=default]
  \definefontsynonym [MonoBold]       [name:consolasbold]
[features=default]
  \definefontsynonym [MonoItalic]     [name:consolasitalic]
[features=default]
  \definefontsynonym [MonoBoldItalic] [name:consolasbolditalic]
[features=default]
\stoptypescript

Best
Florian