On Sat, 2 Oct 2010, Tom Maynard wrote:

 Hello,

I have pretty recent installations of TeXLive 2010 (for Cygwin) and ConTeXt Minimals (for Windows). In both installations, running TeXexec reports it is ConTeXt MkII ... but running ConTeXt directly reports itself as MkIV.

I think that you are confused by the terminology.

ConTeXt MkII is the collection of context maros that work with pdftex and xetex engine. ConTeXt MkIV is the collection of context macros that work with luatex engine.

texexec is a ruby wrapper to run ConTeXt macros. context is a lua wrapper to run ConTeXt macros. Both wrappers can run either any engine

texexec --pdftex
texexec --xetex
texexec --luatex

or

context --pdftex
context --xetex
context --luatex

Just that texexec defaults to --pdftex while context defaults to --luatex

I would like to synchronize TeXexec and MkIV ... as MkIV ... how is this done -- for each installation?

The above options should work with both TL and minimals.

Aditya