On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:27, Peter Davis wrote:
> I've used LaTeX for years, but I'm trying to work with ConTeXt now on a Win7
> PC that has already had MikTeX 2.9 installed.
> I've downloaded the minimal ZIP file, unpacked it and run the
> first_setup.bat file.
> (Note, I don't have Ruby installed yet, so I can't use pdfTeX, but I assume
> some other build is available.)
> Then I opened TeXworks, created a ConTeXt typesetting option, entered a
> helloworld.tex program, and tried to ConTeXt it.
> However, I just get these messages:
> MTXrun | forcing cache reload
>
> MTXrun | resolvers: skipping configuration file
> 'C:/Users/peterd/AppData/Roaming/MiKTeX/2.9/web2c/texmfcnf.lua' (no file)

In the last tab of settings in TeXworks you should be able to adjust
paths. Simply add the path to [context root]/texmf-mswin/bin to that
list and put it on top.

However note that if you will want to use LaTeX again, you will have
to put that path lower than MikTeX's binary path again.

Apart from that: ConTeXt should work under MikTeX 2.9 out of the bo.x
(I reported some problems to CS; I have no idea if he fixed them, but
all of them were solvable even without official fix of MikTeX, but I
didn't try the latest version, I only tested the beta.)

Mojca