On 11-11-2010 12:59, Herbert Voss wrote:
Am 11.11.2010 12:10, schrieb Mojca Miklavec:
2010/11/11 Herbert Voss wrote:

Does ConTeXt always needs an afm-file for the metrics of an
type 1 font? And, of course, a map file?

Shouldn't DANTE launch a pet project and convert the font to OpenType?
(That should be 10-60 minutes of work for somebody familiar with
fonts.)

But yes, as Hans replied, you need afm file. pdfTeX gets all the font
metric data from tfm files, while ConTeXt MKIV prefers to be able to
use more than 256 characters when they are available in Type1 font (it
doesn't need or read enc, map, vf and tfm files).

thanks,
I converted it with fontforge to otf. Now I get

v...@shania:/opt/context>  mtxrun --script fonts --list --all
--pattern=*dante*

dante         dante   DANTE.otf
dantenormal   dante   DANTE.otf

Is this the intended behaviour, that the afm files are now no
more listed? without the otf version the output is:

v...@shania:/opt/context>  mtxrun --script fonts --list --all
--pattern=*dante*

dante         dante   dante.afm
dantenormal   dante   dante.afm

indeed, as the names are the same, otf takes precedence over type one