On Wednesday 17 November 2010 16:21:49 Jörg Hagmann wrote:
> Thanks, Alan.
>
> On 11/17/10 2:13 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> >> 1. Is there a way to define a frame offset (there is "fit" and there are
> >> dimensions, but an offset would be more convenient)?
> >
> > [left=,top=]
>
> This gives absolute values. I would prefer something giving me "fit +
> <dimension>"

width=,left=,right=,height=,top=,bottom= (of course, only two of width, left,
and right are to be used at a time, as well as two of height, top, and bottom)
define the bounding box of the drawing. This is given in units of 4000 per
standard bond length. To visualize this, try,

\startchemical [frame=on,axis=on,width=4000,height=4000]
\chemical [ONE,SB,Z0] [O]
\chemical [THREE,B]
\chemical [FOUR,B]
\chemical [FIVE,B]
\chemical [SIX,B,R,RZ] [1,2,3,4,5,6]
\chemical [EIGHT,B]
\stopchemical

For fit+offset, I suggest positioning the chemical drawing inside a
\framed[frame=off]{} box using offsets, or some other variant (I particularly
like using collectors).

> When playing with top, bottom etc again I discovered that increasing the
> bottom dimension also moves \bottext down.  So there only remains
> question number 3: I would like the atom labels (but not the bodyfont of
> the document) as \ss -- without including \ss for every single atom.

Try "style=sans". We also have "color=" and "rulecolor=".

> > Are you using mkii (texexec) or mkiv (context) or LaTeX?
>
> I am using mkiv (of course!)...

There are some problems still in mkiv, notably with CARBON, NEWMANSTAGGER,
NEWMANECLIPSE, and CHAIR. Hans (and I) intend to work on this but it is not
too high of a priority for the moment. Let me know if you have other problems
in using ppchtex.

Alan