On Sat, 2010-11-27 at 14:25 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 27-11-2010 2:16, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 13:29, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >>
> >> \starttikzpicture
> >>    \node[circle,ball color=darkred] (a) at (0,0,0) {$p_x$};
> >> \stoptikzpicture
> >
> > I made a workaround in that way, but it's still a bug ...
>
> I have no clue what the ! does apart from defining a color red at 10%
> but I do know that context ignores it.
>
> Hans

The '!' is actually pretty neat, since it allows you to blend colors. By
default, tikz blends colors with white, so

red!10

means mix 10% red with 90% white. This has the advantage that I can take
any color, say

\definecolor[mycolor][r=0.42,g=1.,b=0.2]

and lighten it 50% by just using

mycolor!50

I can also blend two colors together, using

colorA!50!colorB

I'm also pretty sure that context didn't always ignore the exclamation
mark. Is there a way to reverse this behaviour?

PS I've tried using spot colors in context, but that doesn't seem to
work:

\definespotcolor[mycolor][red][p=.1]

--
Michael Murphy MPhys <michael.mur...@uni-ulm.de>

Institute für Quanteninformationsverarbeitung
Room N25/4409
Universität Ulm
Albert-Einstein-Allee 11
89081 Ulm Deutschland