In article <e4503573-6803-4484-baed-7a816726e...@gmail.com>,
 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 06.12.2010 um 13:46 schrieb Nicola:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have a set of specifications for a document and I am having some
> > problems implementing it. I am using MKIV from TeX Live 2010. I have
> > some difficulty with these requirements in particular:
> >
> > 1) title: 17pt, boldface, capital letters; 12pt spacing before and 3pt
> > spacing after the title;
> >
> > Now I use
> >
> > \setuphead[title][align=middle,style={\bfd\cap},before={},after={}]
> >
> > How can I ensure that the font size is exactly 17pt?
> > How to I specify precise vertical spacing?
>
> \definefont[TitleStyle][SerifBold at 17pt]

Oh, I see... I should have read co-fonts.pdf more carefully!

>   textstyle=WORD,

That's new to me.

>   before={\blank[12pt]},
>   after={\blank[3pt]},

Too easy :) Somehow, I had come to believe that only predefined values
could be used (medium, big, ...)

> > But the first § of each Section is not indented.
>
> \setuphead
>  [section]
>  [indentnext=yes]

That's also pretty obvious now that I see it.

> > 4) footnote symbol: *
> >
> > I use
> >
> > \setupnote[footnote][numberconversion=set 3]
> >
> > but I get stars instead of asterisks.
>
> How about „set 1“ or „set 2“? If none of them fits you can
> create your own conversionset with
>
> \defineconversion[nicola][*,**,***,****,*****,...]

Yes, this is what I need.

I must confess that I have learned more from your examples than after a
whole afternoon browsing through the various docs :)

Thanks,
Nicola