Dear Aditya,

I am sorry I overlooked you answer… I just saw that you have answered my
message regarding the \Vert symbol.
Thank you and please pardon me.

I tried to modify the mapping of  0x2016 to 0xFF605, but since I don't
understand the way or where 0xFF605 is constructed, I didn't get any result.
0x2016 is described in char-def.lua, and in font-agl.lua.
FF605 is referred to only in math-vfu.lua.

Maybe if Hans has a little time, he can explain where the double vertical bar
is constructed: the problem is that these bars are scaled swelled (or English)
rules rather than bars as in Latin Modern.
Since more and more people are going to use only mkiv, this issue can be
annoying for mathematical typesetting.

Best regards: OK