On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:09, Reviczky, Adam <adam.revic...@kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
> The only letter ("g") I have left in the logo has two spaces that I want to
> cut out.
> I can't make a single path out of it so that it doesn't go through the entire
> letter, so what to do in this case?

Just as a thought ... what you currently do with metapost at the
moment is a bit of cheating to overcome lack of a feature in metapost
- there is still an infinitely thin line between segments and a dumb
renderer might display artifacts.

If I wanted to draw a logo (very important graphic that will be used
more often) and if I had control points, I would consider creating a
raw postscript (EPS) graphics (filling with even-odd rule), convert it
to PDF when needed and then use it inside ConTeXt documents (or even
inside metapost graphics) as-is.

You could also manually post-process the graphic generated by metapost
(removing the link between the inner and outer part of letters and
properly fill).

But if the current approach is fine with you ... just use it.

Mojca