Hello,

of course I do not have the solution for the underlaying problem. I found out,
that you can put a \strut in front of the problematic text and then it comes
out ok.
Another point is, that placing the whole text-part i.e. all 4 paragraphs in
your example between \bgroup \egroup results in more problems. In this case the
tufte-text is also not flowing around the picture.

Kind regards

Willi