This comes from the ConTeXt manual (section 4, page 65)
\starttext
\setuplinespacing[height=1mm]
\stoptext

It gives an error:
! Undefined control sequence.
l.2 \setuplinespacing
                     [height=1mm]
?

Two pages earlier there is
\starttext
\setupinterlinespace[height=2]
\stoptext

And this works, but I am not sure what the number values for height and depth
mean. I guess fractions of the normalbaselineskip, but I could not find it
defined in the text there.

What doesn't work is for example:
\starttext
\setupinterlinespace[height=1ex]
\stoptext

But sounds fairly natural to me. However, the error is:
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
\!!plus ->p
           lus
\setnormalbaselines ...gridsnapping \else \!!plus
                                                  \baselinegluefactor \openl...
\spacing ...thfactor \points }\setnormalbaselines
                                                  \setstrut
<inserted text> ...nizefont \fi \spacing \plusone
                                                  \presetnormallineheight \s...
\setfontparameters ...tsfalse \the \everybodyfont
                                                  \synchronizefontstrue
l.2 \setupinterlinespace[height=1ex]

May I kindly suggest that some has a look at this?

Hans van der Meer