Hi Severin,

Actually if you are using mkiv, the definitions I sent this morning should be
slightly changed: perhaps the following suits your needs (however I don't know
how to change the style of the numbers…).

%%%%%%%%% begin
%!TEX TS-program = mkiv

%% defining \proclaim which is built in Plain-teX
%% but has disappeared from ConTeXt
%% the following is adapted for mkiv
\defineenumeration[theorem]
\setupenumerations[theorem]
        [text=Theorem,
        style=sc, % or slanted
        title=yes,
        titleleft=,
        titleright={.},
        location=serried,
        width=fit,
        right={.},
        prefix=yes,
        way=bysection,
        ]

%% defining \remark numbered with the same counter as \proclaim
\defineenumeration[proclaim][theorem] % clone proclaim
\setupenumerations[proclaim]
        [text=,
        style=slanted,
        title=yes,
        titleright={.},
        location=serried,
        width=fit,
        right={.}]
%% end definition \remark

\starttext
\input knuth.tex

\startproclaim[lem:Yoneda]{Yoneda Theorem}
This is a theorem in set category theory.
\stopproclaim

\starttheorem
The above theorem and this one are numbered sequentially.
\stoptheorem

\section{A new section}

\input knuth.tex

\startproclaim[lem:Yoneda]{Yoneda Theorem}
As said above, this is a theorem in set category theory.
\stopproclaim

\starttheorem
The above theorem and this one are numbered sequentially.
\stoptheorem

\stoptext

Best regards: OK