On 7-3-2011 7:32, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Mon, 7 Mar 2011, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

Am 07.03.2011 um 17:31 schrieb C.:

sure, if you cook up the definition for the virtualization (if the
encoding is
default tex it's no big deal, otherwise some extra tables are
needed) ...

Since I don't even know how to check the encoding of a font - let alone
creating/changing it - I must pass on this one.
Can someone with more background on the subject have a look?

Same for me ... but it would be nice to learn these things!
Can someone explain what is needed and how to start?

I must confess that I no longer understand how the math virtual fonts
work are implemented. I understood how things worked a year ago (see the
tugboat article for details), but I have not been able to keep up with
all the internal rearrangements.

Don't worry, it didn't really change that much. The most important change is that font specific definitions moved to the lfg files (only the default vectors are preloaded). For a non standard font lucida can be taken as example.