On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 09:00, Stefan Müller <warrence....@gmx.de> wrote:
> like others before, I tried to get the script alphabet from Ralph Smith's
> Formal Font to work in MkIV (minimals) and failed. There seems to be only
> outdated or unclear and unspecific information about where to start with
> fonts available. Or: there is information everywhere but I can't put it
> together.
>
> I downloaded a rsfs.zip from [1] containing .mf, .pfb, .afm, .pfm files and
> a .map file. It seems to be a type1 font.
>
> The manual [2] states, that a script texfont.pl can do install the font.
> Mojca said [3] on the mailing list that texfont is not the way to go, so I
> didn't try to go further in that direction.
>
> Do I need .tfm files? If so, how to get them?

You don't need tfm files and you don't need to use texfont.pl.

> I put the "rsfs" directory with its subdirs from the .zip to the folder
> c:\context\tex\texmf-fonts\fonts\data\ as Wolfgang suggested [4] and ran
> "context --generate". I seems as if this did not install the font, but I
> have no idea. How can I check this?

For mkiv minimals, the following should work:
a) Install font as appropriate for your OS.
b) Make sure OS font directory containing font pfb file is included in OSFONTDIR
c) Update LuaTeX's font info by running   mtxrun --script fonts --reload
d) Check the list of fonts using   mtxrun --script fonts --list --all
--pattern=*

At that point you have the font known to LuaTeX. Then you need to set
it up in your document; I posted a full example of that a while back,
it's at http://pastebin.tlhiv.org/9GeRRcI4
but I haven't put it into the wiki yet.

mathew
--