Good evening, dear ConTeXtists,

Mr. Eyre in his conference proceedings paper to be
(http://striz9.fame.utb.cz/docasne/bulletin/NEtypo.pdf) applies withdots
framing via TikZ as he told me.  I passed him one of your ideas (Aditya
Mahajan, Wolfgang Schuster) and he slightly extended it using Metapost to fit
his examples.

I am just sharing it with all the sincere greetings.

Pavel Striz

http://striz9.fame.utb.cz/docasne/bulletin/framed.pdf

http://striz9.fame.utb.cz/docasne/bulletin/framed.tgz

a.k.a.

\startuniqueMPgraphic{Label}

path p; p := (0,0) -- (OverlayWidth,0) -- (OverlayWidth, OverlayHeight) -- (0,
OverlayHeight) -- (0,0);

draw p withpen pencircle scaled 1pt dashed withdots;

setbounds currentpicture to boundingbox OverlayBox;

\stopuniqueMPgraphic

\defineoverlay[Label][\useMPgraphic{Label}]

\defineframed[Text][background=Label,frame=off,location=low]

\starttext

AAA \Text{BBB} CCC \Text{DDD} EEE

\def\Picture#1#2#3%

{%

  \vbox to 3in%

  {%

    \vfil%

    \placefigure[left][#3]%

    {%

      \hangindent=0.5pt\hangafter=1{}%

      #2%

    }%

    {%

      \hskip-11pt\hbox to 3in%

      {%

        \Text%

        {%

          \externalfigure[#1][width=3in]%

        }%

        \hss%

      }%

    }%

  }%

}%

\Picture{Distract.pdf}{Caption}{Refmarker}%