Herbert,

I tried to find out. I remembered that there was this discussion already
earlier on this list.

on  2010-08-30 Hans Hagen wrote the following:

> while it should keep "A.1" instead of "1.1" for the section numbering.

The new way is:

\definestructureconversionset[MySet][numbers,Characters][numbers] % [per
level] [default]

\setupsection
[chapter]
[sectionconversionset=MySet]

\starttext

\chapter{first}
\section{subfirst}

I thought that it must be found along these lines. However I could not get the
example working properly.

Willi

(This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.66.0-2011041318 (rev 4144)
/Users/willi/Documents/TEXdata/TEST/test-sectionnumbeconversion.tex}