I came across the following problem recently: In my document I want chapters
and sections to be numbered, but not subsections, subsubsections etc.
Then, additionally I want my formulae to be numbered by chapter and section,
but not subsection.

In the following example the first equation gets numbered correctly as
(1.1), (1.2) and (3) in the first chapter, and as (2.1), (2.2) and (3) in
the second chapter respectively, which is not what I wanted. I'd rather have
the formulae numbered as   (1.1), (1.2) and (1.3) in the first chapter, and
as (2.1), (2.2) and (2.3).

Anybody has an idea how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Julian

-----------------

\setuphead[subsection][number=no]