On 05/14/2011 01:21 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 14-5-2011 11:15, Verhaag, G.C.H.M. wrote:
On 05/13/2011 10:25 AM, Verhaag, G.C.H.M. wrote:
Hi,

The \setuplayout command causes problems I don't understand, sorry! I
use the following setup in a screen (\setuppapersize[S6][S6]) document:

\setuplayout
[header=0cm,
topspace=.2cm,
backspace=.2cm,
margin=0cm,
width=fit,
footer=1cm,
bottomdistance=5pt,
bottom=20pt,
height=fit]

This gives a result as aspected! However adding the setting

rightedge=3cm

to the layout command, for a menu, yields an unexpected result. Okay,
an area on the right of the screen is indeed blank as aspected! But
the text of a full page is also shifted downward, and overlaps the
text within the footer area, which is quite weird isn't it?

I don't grasp this footer problem as indicated above!!!! Any idea
what's wrong?

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag

P.S.
I use ConTeXt ver: 2011.03.30 11:21 MKIV fmt: 2011.3.30 int:
english/english

Hi,

I figured out that the problem is caused by the \setupinteraction
command. When switching the menu off by setting menu=off, the layout of
the text is okay, without the shift! However, when I use

\setupinteraction
[state=start,
style=small,
page=yes,
menu=on]

the annoying interference of the text with the footer is introduced. Any
ideas how to correct the problem?

We need a one page self contained example for this.

Hi,

You'll find the self contained example (rightedge.tex) attached!

I compile it using:

  context --pdf rightedge

and view the result with Acrobat Reader 9.

I upgraded to the latest version and now use:

  ConTeXt  ver: 2011.05.13 12:01 MKIV  fmt: 2011.5.14  int: english/english

Thanks for paying attention to this problem!

Regards,
Gerard Verhaag
\setuppapersize
  [S6][S6]

\language[nl]

\setuplayout
  [header=0cm,
   topspace=.2cm,
   backspace=.2cm,
   margin=0cm,
   width=fit,
   footer=1cm,
   rightedge=3cm,
   bottomdistance=5pt,
   bottom=20pt,
   height=fit]

\showframe

\definecolor [MyColor] [darkgreen]

\setupfootertexts
  [chapter][{\currentdate[month,year]}]

\setupinteraction
  [state=start,
   style=small,
   menu=on, % switching between on and off will show my problem (the vertical shift of the entire text!)!
   title=ABL File,
   author=Geert Verhaag]

\setupbackgrounds
  [page]
  [background=color,
   backgroundcolor=darkgreen]

\setupbackgrounds
  [text,header,footer][leftmargin,text,rightmargin]
  [background=color,
   backgroundcolor=white,
   backgroundoffset=.5mm]

\setupinteractionmenu
 [right]
 [background=color,
  backgroundcolor=MyColor,
  color=blue,
  frame=off,
  distance=overlay,
  unknownreference=no,
  samepage=yes]

\defineinteractionmenu
 [main][right]
 [state=start,
  width=\rightedgewidth,
  align=middle]

\startinteractionmenu[main]
  \but [inleiding]      Inleiding \\
  \vfill
  \but [CloseDocument]  sluit \\
\stopinteractionmenu

 \starttext
   \chapter[inleiding]{Inleiding}
   \dorecurse{3}{\input tufte \par \input knuth \par}