Am 23.05.2011 um 22:08 schrieb Jesse Alama:

> I'd like to define an itemization that has two kinds of items, representing a
> dialogue between two people.  (One could imagine extending this to more than
> two.)  I'd like to have something like this:
>
> \startdialogue
> \john What did you have for breakfast?
> \mary I skipped breakfast today.
> \john Oh, why?
> \mary Because I wasn't hungry.  I was too distraught at what had happened the
> previous night.
> \stopdialogue
>
> The \john and \mary parts would each be their own paragaphs.  The paragraphs
> would be colored with different text backgrounds, and joined up with one
> another  (that is, the blocks of text representing the paragraphs for the
> different speakers would be adjacent to one another).

Solution 1:

\definetextbackground[john-background][frame=off,location=paragraph,backgroundcolor=green]
\definetextbackground[mary-background][frame=off,location=paragraph,backgroundcolor=red]

\defineenumeration
  [john]
  [    text=John: ,
      width=3em,
     number=no,
   location=left,
     before={\starttextbackground[john-background]},
      after=\stoptextbackground]

\defineenumeration
  [mary][john]
  [  text=Mary: ,
   before={\starttextbackground[mary-background]},
    after=\stoptextbackground]

\starttext

\john What did you have for breakfast?\par
\mary I skipped breakfast today.\par
\startjohn Oh, why?\stopjohn
\startmary Because I wasn't hungry.  I was too distraught at what had happened
the previous night.\stopmary

\stoptext

Solution 2:

\usemodule[annotation]

\definetextbackground[john-background][frame=off,location=paragraph,backgroundcolor=green]
\definetextbackground[mary-background][frame=off,location=paragraph,backgroundcolor=red]

\defineannotation
  [john]
  [       text=John,
     stopper=: ,
     inbetween=,
        before={\starttextbackground[john-background]},
         after={\stoptextbackground},
   spacebefore=nowhite]

\defineannotation
  [mary][john]
  [  text=Mary,
   before={\starttextbackground[mary-background]},
    after={\stoptextbackground}]

\starttext

\john{What did you have for breakfast?}
\mary{I skipped breakfast today.}
\startjohn Oh, why?\stopjohn
\startmary Because I wasn't hungry.  I was too distraught at what had happened
the previous night.\stopmary

\stoptext

Wolfgang