Hi,

I have a basic problem with the very first step of using bibliographies in
ConTeXt: converting BBI to BBL files.

And, as far as I have understood, the only thing that ".bst" files do is
sorting. This means that a plain run of bibtex like this ...

\setupbibtex[database=mytry_x.bib]
\starttext
Test
\completepublications
\stoptext

... should convert the entire database (eg. from a ".bib" file) in TeX-parsable
records, written in a ".bbl" file.

If I want to shorten many authors to just one followed by "et al." there is the
otion "authoretallimit" that specifies the number needed to trigger 'et al.'
handling.
This can be set *later* in setuppublicationlist.

But when I run the minimal exmaple above against this database "mytry_x.bib":

@BOOK{daunerliebkonzenschmidt,
author = {Peter Schlechtriem and Horst Konzen},
}

@BOOK{schlechtriemschmidtkessel,
author = {Peter Schlechtriem and Horst Konzen and Karsten Schmidt},
}

... the resulting bbl lookes like this:

\setuppublicationlist[samplesize={SKS},totalnumber=2]

\startpublication[k=daunerliebkonzenschmidt,t=book,
a={{Schlechtriem},{Konzen}},y=,
n=1,s=SK]
\author[]{Peter}[P.]{}{Schlechtriem}
\author[]{Horst}[H.]{}{Konzen}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[k=schlechtriemschmidtkessel,t=book,
a={{Schlechtriem},{}},y=,
n=2,s=SKS]
\author[]{Peter}[P.]{}{Schlechtriem}
\author[]{Horst}[H.]{}{Konzen}
\author[]{Karsten}[K.]{}{Schmidt}
\stoppublication

So the three authors *are* already shortened to "a={{Schlechtriem},{}}" only!

Is this a bug or a hidden preset that I just didn't found yet?

Any help would be appreciated

Steffen