2011/7/14 John Haltiwanger <john.haltiwan...@gmail.com>

> This would be a funciton of typesetting. The table of contents is indexed
> to the document as it is typeset, not dynamically throughout its existence.
> If you were to delete all the pages except for the table of contents, it
> would still refer to all the same pages.
>
> If this is a necessary part of your workflow, then it sounds like a WYSIWYG
> tool like Scribus or InDesign is more appropriate (unfortunately).
>

>> The problem is that my document already is finished. First I could just
>> deliver a PDF file. Now they want to edit it themselves. Or can I generate
>> from my tex file something that has the meta information and can be edited
>> in Scribus?
>>

> Nope. As Mojca mentioned, PDF does not account for this kind of thing. I
> mentioned those tools as a basis for constructing an entire document from
> scratch. They have automatic page referencing similar to Context, but not in
> a post-hoc fashion.
>
> If they are only copy editing, I think you would be best served by
> exporting to xhtml. I generally write all my documents in Markdown and
> convert using Pandoc, so I'm not familiar with Context's xhtml capacities.
>
> If they are doing layout.. Ouch.

I typesetted my document yes.  The client has to receive a deliverable this
weekend, so my stress hormones will be high the coming days. I have to count
my options and select the best. (Or least bad.)

Everyone thanks. And next time I want more information when starting writing
documentation.

--
Cecil Westerhof