> >>    \setupheader[text][after=\hairline,...]
> >>

> >> Works. Thanks.
> >
> > Works, but does penetrate the text area. See the attached image (I have
> \showframe on, so don’t be confused by that many lines. The hairline is the
> one partially highlighted, running just above the lowercase letters).
> > How can I avoid this?
>
> Try “after={\blackrule[width=\textwidth,height=\linewidth,depth=0pt]}”.

Works like a charm, thanks!

Now the wiki has this in the "Titles" article:

Titling Style
see \setuphead and some enhanced samples below.
A FAQ is, how to get a line under the pageheader:
\setupbackgrounds[header][text][bottomframe=on]

I feel that does not belong there, it belongs rather in the "Headers and
Footers" article.

Anyways, I added your code to the wiki.