Dear gang,

As some of you may know, I'm working on a professional introductory book for learning ConTeXt. Part of the philosophy of this book is to be as self-contained as possible, so we'll be using a preferred editor.

Not one editor/ide out there is ideal for ConTeXt (including bidi editing and other user-friendly configurability). The best balance I could find is Notepad++ (Npp), and that's what I'm going with. I have done a lot of work to contextify it, and I have added some new features, such as a context-menu where one can right-click and get a list of ConTeXt typography and description options, experimental support for tooltips (giving options for commands etc), no more manual braces (so far less run errors) etc.

To take this to the next level I need help: Is there anyone on the list who knows how to write and compile lexers for scintilla-based editors? Also, how to compile C++ for M$-Windows based applications such as Npp?

Npp has a rich user-defined dialog, and I have been able to do a lot with it, but it has some serious limitations. So I'd like to port my user-definitions to a lexer. We can probably start with the code for the included TeX lexer, de-latexify it, and add the needed functions for ConTeXt, including a few other features.

If anyone is interested, please contact me!

Best wishes
Idris
International Journal of Shīʿī Studies
Department of Philosophy