Hi all,

must be the heat here in Germany - I'm all out of ideas, and I have no example yet. Maybe someone can help: is it possible to define an xml setup that will run arbitrary tex code? Something like this (obviously pseudo-code):

in a TeX file MyInputs.tex which will be loaded at runtime, I have:

\startTEXbuffer[mybuffer]
  \color[red]{Hello World!}
\stopTEXbuffer

in the xml, I have

<gettexbuffer>mybuffer</gettexbuffer>

and in the setups

\input MyInputs

\startxmlsetups xml:gettexbuffer
  \getTEXbuffer[\xmlflush{#1}]
\stopxmlsetups

I tried with simple \startbuffer[mybuffer] ... \getbuffer[mybuffer], but the result is that the TeX code is typeset verbatim, not processed (problem of catcodes?). Any takers before I pull myself together and try to come up with an example?

Thanks!

Thomas