Hello!

While struggling with the prefixed referencing system, I found two
commands in the Tools menu that fail miserably. As the commands I
normally use (Ctrl+1/Process TeX file, Process and Arrange, Generate
Formats (luaTeX) work fine, the problem is fairly local and neither is
critical.

If I remember it correctly, the command Tools | Update ConTeXt has
never worked for me, but the error message has been different. What I
get now is
>mtxrun --autogenerate texshow --update --force
mtxrun          | kpse fallback with progname 'context' initialized in
0.03 seconds>Exit code: 1

Updating per se works, because when I did it on the command line, i.e. ran
first-setup.bat --context=current
something definitely came in and there are changes in for example
directory texmf-modules (and yes, I did remember to generate formats
and that command really worked).

The other command that fails is Tools | Open Logfile (or Ctrl+E) and
I'm fairly sure this one worked on the W7 laptop that I installed in
August 2011 with the then up-to-date versions of SciTe and ConTeXt.
The error message is pretty interesting, too:
> Lua: error checking global scope for command

I can of course open the log file in SciTe via the File menu, so this
isn't a major problem, just an annoyance. I used to like my Ctrl+E
quite a bit...

The SciTe+ConTeXt combo I'm using now is on a 64-bit Windows7 laptop
and I installed it about 10 weeks ago onto a brand new computer. My
SciTe says it's version 2.26 of May 25, 2011. It is quite possible I'm
running a different version from what's in the ConTeXt package as I
fetch my SciTe separately from Scintilla so I get a civilised Windows
installer that sets Windows context menus and other goodies all at one
click. (Yes, I'm da lazy Windows user who doesn't want to bother her
brain with any tweaking if that can be avoided.)

>From the world of Windows,

Mari