On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

Am 07.09.2011 um 17:49 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

Hi,

I want items to display as follows (| represents the text area edge)

 |   1. First item
 |   2. Second item
 |      2.1 Sub item
 |      2.2 Sub item
 |   3. Third item

I could not find a way to control the margin of the second level. Setting

\setupitemize[1][margin=2em]
\setupitemize[2][margin=4em]

does not work.

\setupitemize[1][margin=2em,width=2em]
\setupitemize[1][margin=2em,width=2em] % margin 2 = margin 1 + width 1

Thanks.

I prefer using itemalign=flushright with [broad,fit], which looks really ugly with an explicit width. For example

\setupitemize[1][margin=2em,width=2em, distance=0.5em, itemalign=flushright]
\setupitemize[broad,fit]

\showframe
\starttext
\startitemize[n]
  \item One
  \item Two
    \startitemize[n]
      \item Sub one
      \item Sub two
    \stopitemize
 \dorecurse{10}{\item Item \recurselevel}
\stopitemize
\stoptext

But I guess that in this case I'll just remove \setupitemize[broad,fit].

Aditya