> ---8<---
>
> \setupbibtex[database=sample,sort=author]
> \setuppublications[alternative=apa-
> fr,sorttype=bbl,refcommand=authoryear]
> \setupinteraction[state=start,color=darkgreen,style=normal]
> \setupcite[interaction=start,compress=no]
> \def\pagecite[#1][#2]%
> {(\cite[alternative=authoryear,left={},inbetween={ },extras={, p. #2}][#1]}
>
> \starttext
>
> \cite[alternative=authoryears,inbetween={ },extras={, p. 3}][Eijkhout1991]
>
> \pagecite[Eijkhout1991][3]
>
> \page[yes]
>
> \placepublications[criterium=text]
>
> \stoptext
>
> ---8<---

Thank you for this, it's exactly what I was looking for.
The only flaw of this workaround (besides not being the 'proper way') is that
the first '(' is not part of the link and therefore not green (but then again,
I'll probably set the color of the link to black, anyway).

A Fix of linked \cite[alternative=authoryears][reference] still would be nice ;)