On 5-10-2011 01:42, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:
Hallo,

see l-pdfview.lua ... the clal on windows is: pdfopen --ax --file

anyhow, unfortunately the pdfopen/close programs are not consistent
with
respect to dealing with commandline options on different platforms
(and
also not downward compatible) which in fact renders them somewhat
useless (it woudl be nice if someone would normalize them)

Hans

if I give the command: context --autopdf a.tex

I get the runtime error and after the context run

mtx-context     | pdfview methods: acrobat default okular, current
method: acrobat (directives_pdfview_method)Cannot contact a server.

pdfopen --ax --file a.pdf
pdfopen --rx --file a.pdf
pdfopen --file a.pdf

works ok

pdfclose --ax --file a.pdf
pdfclose --rx --file a.pdf
pdfclose --file a.pdf

works ok too, if not following a pdfopen, otherwise I get:

Cannot execute command "[DocClose("%s")]" (error 16393)

Shouldn't be the first two variants for acrobat (resp. reader) 10?
I wonder why they are working. I have the reader 9.4.6 and no acrobat
at all.

I only have 10 and there it works ok. Ideally the pdfopen/close programs should be clever enough to figure out what acrobat they deal with. If needed I can introduce (next weekend or so) a 'open pdf' and 'close pdf' in the configuration file so that one can tweak it.