Dear ConTeXt folks,

trying to draw a grid and label it, I get an error when using the (alsa
attached) example from the MetaFun manual [1].

        \starttext
        \startMPcode
        drawoptions(withpen pencircle scaled .25pt withcolor .5white) ;
        draw hlingrid(0, 20, .2, 20cm, 10cm) ;
        draw vloggrid(0, 10, .5, 10cm, 20cm) ;
        drawoptions(withpen pencircle scaled .50pt) ;
        draw hlingrid(0, 20,1, 20cm, 10cm) ;
        draw vloggrid(0, 10,1, 10cm, 20cm) ;

        fmt_pictures := false ; % use TeX as formatting engine
        textextoffset := ExHeight ; % a variable set by ConTeXt
        draw hlintext.lft(0, 20,5, 20cm, "@3e") ;
        draw vlogtext.bot(0, 10,9, 10cm, "@3e") ;
        \stopMPcode
        \stoptext

I am using an older version of ConTeXt Standalone.

        ConTeXt  ver: 2011.07.22 17:23 MKIV  fmt: 2011.7.25  int:
english/english

Looking at the log output I could not figure out the original error.
Please find the log file attached.

Searching the Web I found other threads dealing with this issue. But adding

        \forceMPTEXgraphictrue

as suggested in [2] it does not solve the problem either.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/metafun-s.pdf
[2] http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2004/005007.html