Am 14.10.2011 um 10:38 schrieb Meer, H. van der:

> I made an example of the effect of this on \doifmode and \startmode. The
> example shows that the appearance of extra space in \doifmode follows a
> regular pattern. The startmode case differs in that respect because
> \startmode[condition-true] has the extra space but
> \startmode[condition-false] has not. In my view that is an unwanted anomaly.
> A little redefinition remedies that as can be seen in the example.

I wrote you already a few times that you can use the annotation module for
this. The module serves also as replacement for the fixme module where it is
necessary to take care that no extra spaces are added when the text is hidden.

\usemodule[annotation]

\defineannotation[fulltext] [alternative=text]
\defineannotation[shorttext][alternative=none]
\defineannotation[modetext] [alternative=command,command=\ModeText]

\define[2]\ModeText
  {\doifelse{\placeannotationtitle}{off}{\removeunwantedspaces}{#2}}

\starttext

abc \fulltext {pqr} xyz

abc \shorttext{pqr} xyz

abc \fulltext [alternative=none]{pqr} xyz

abc \shorttext[alternative=text]{pqr} xyz

\blank

abc \startfulltext  pqr \stopfulltext  xyz

abc \startshorttext pqr \stopshorttext xyz

abc \startfulltext [alternative=none] pqr \stopfulltext  xyz

abc \startshorttext[alternative=text] pqr \stopshorttext xyz

\blank

abc \modetext     {pqr} xyz

abc \modetext {on}{pqr} xyz

abc \modetext{off}{pqr} xyz

\blank

abc \startmodetext      pqr \stopmodetext xyz

abc \startmodetext{on}  pqr \stopmodetext xyz

abc \startmodetext{off} pqr \stopmodetext xyz

\stoptext

Wolfgang