On 2011-10-14 Jan Heinen <jahei...@gmx.de> wrote:

> And here are my results:
> http://www.imagebanana.com/view/8vq30irn/ContextLayers.png
>
> There are only little things which could be improved: How??
> 1. where comes the frame around the foto from? How can I
> switch it off?

You introduced one pair on brackets too much.

> 2. There is a thin white line between layer A and the
> Infobox. How to rid of it?

I don't see a white line, neither on the image you
provided, nor when I compile it.

> 3. How can I get padding into the Infobox? top, botttom,
> right and left

Maybe there's a cleaner solution, but I misuse the frame
itself for that (see example).

> And here is my code for everyone who likes the layout of my
> friends-book ;-)

The layout is a matter of taste, but the code is
improvable. Here are some tips:

- Don't write everything in one line! Use indentation. If
  your code is ugly to read, it lowers the change of
  getting a response.

- Make the code compile. At least on my context (not
  really up-to-date) it throws an error.

- There are some images and text files included in the
  ConTeXt distribution. Check
  …texmf-context/tex/context/sample
  Use them (e.g. “cow”).

Regards

Marco Patzer
\definelayer [Kontaktdaten]
  [
    x=20mm,
    y=30mm,
    width=65mm,
    height=30mm,
    state=start
  ]

\setupbackgrounds [paper]
  [
    %setups=ALayer,
    % The setup ALayer is never defined
    background=Kontaktdaten,
    state=start
  ]

\starttext
\strut

\setlayerframed [Kontaktdaten]
  [
    background=color,
    backgroundcolor=lightgreen,
    width=10mm,
    height=130mm,
    frame=off,
    hoffset=-20mm,
    voffset=145mm,
    align=right
  ]{A}

\setlayerframed [Kontaktdaten]
  [
    background=color,
    backgroundcolor=darkgreen,
    width=10mm,
    height=60mm,
    frame=off,
    hoffset=-20mm,
    voffset=85mm,
    align=right
  ]{B}

\setlayerframed [Kontaktdaten]
  [
    background=color,
    backgroundcolor=lightgreen,
    width=60mm,
    height=175mm,
    frame=off,
    leftframe=on,
    framecolor=green,
    rulethickness=.5cm,
    hoffset=-10mm,
    voffset=100mm,
    align=right
  ]{%
\startlines
  Infobox:
  Peter
  New York
  0171/782801
  t...@test.de
\stoplines}

\setlayerframed [Kontaktdaten]
  [
    width=30mm,
    height=40mm,
    %frame=\LayoutTest,
    frame=off,
    hoffset=-10mm,
    voffset=60mm,
    strut=no,
    %offset=overlay
  ]{%
  \externalfigure[cow][width=30mm,height=40mm]}

\page