On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
Am 21.09.2011 um 05:20 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

The following works in MkIV but fails in MkIV:

\unprotect
\def\!!yesandon{yes,on}
\doifinsetelse{yes}\!!yesandon

\ExpandSecondAfter\doifinsetelse{yes}\!!yesandon

It’s awkward but this how it works in MkII.

\ExpandSecondAfter is MkII only, so I cannot use it for code that is to be used in both MkII and MkIV. So, I re-request my original proposal:

in core-gen.mkii

 \def\p!doifinsetelse#1#2#3#4%
   {\donefalse
    \edef\!!stringa{#3}%
    \ifx\!!stringa\empty
    \else
-     \processcommalist[#4]\p!docheckiteminset
+     \processcommacommand[#4]\p!docheckiteminset
    \fi
    \ifdone\expandafter#1\else\expandafter#2\fi}

Aditya