Hello,

The following code

\setuplabeltext[test=]
test is \doifemptyelse{\labeltext{test}}{empty}{not empty}

doesn't work as intended for the reasons that I approximately
understand (not exactly, but I understand that there might be a lot of
weird stuff returned when I ask for labeltext). However I have no idea
how to check if text is empty or not.

As an exception :) :) :), MKIV hints should be highly appreciated and
enough for this particular application.

Mojca

PS: the extended example looks approximately as follows:

\def\document#1#2{
    \setuplabeltext[name={{#1}},company={{#2}}]
    \startstandardmakeup
    \setups{content}
    \setups{decoration}
    \stopstandardmakeup
}

\startsetups content
    This is for \labeltext{name}%
    \doifemptyelse{\labeltext{company}}{.}{, working for \labeltext{company}.}
\stopsetups

I have no problem changing the complete code and I can already find a
workaround by defining some new "if" inside definition of \document,
but I'm still slightly curious to know how to test for existence of a
label. The sources contain
    definelabels("setuplabeltext", data.texts, true)
and it is not too clear to me how to decrypt the rest with too much pain.