Dear gang,

I am porting a huge project from mkii to mkiv and am running into structure problems. I now realize that

\start-stopproject

no longer compiles the entire project, just stick to products and components. I am also dividing what was one long book into two books, and I'd like to compile both books at once to keep cross-references between the two books operative: I've turned the project into a product, the products into components, and components into inputs. Obviously I'm running into problems ;-) :

First:One thing that is unclear now is how the \environment is inherited. Attached is a basic test set.

If I compile the product file islamwalayah.tex, I get the expected output it appears.

If I compile the component file islamcosmology.tex, the alias \Islam gives an undefined control sequence. That is, it does not inherit env-aliases.tex.

If I comment % \Islam the component file compiles, but the layout is not inherited from env-islamwalayah.tex.

How do I fix this? Any related general advice?

Files listed inline below, attached as well for testing, and

Best wishes
Idris

==========islamwalayah.tex============
\environment env-islamwalayah
\environment env-aliases
\startproduct islamwalayah

\component islamcosmology      % Book One
% \component islamspirituality % Book Two
\stopproduct
==================================

=======env-islamwalayah.tex=======
\startenvironment env-islamwalayah