Hello,

After 5 years (actually almost 6 - the first t-gnuplot.tex code has
been sent to me by Peter Münster on 2nd January 2006) gnuplot
developers finally included context terminal into their CVS repository
today.

(temporary link, but probably slightly more clear than linking to CVS
repository)

https://github.com/gnuplot/gnuplot-new/commit/62737451bb138f0e679b5a57e0042b42e06f0a5c

The release of gnuplot 4.4.4 was initially planned for around October,
which means that it should probably be out sometime soon.

Documentation:

https://github.com/mojca/context-gnuplot/tree/master/texmf/doc/context/third/gnuplot

Mojca

PS: There are still three pending issues in the area that is rarely used anyway:
- I need to fix font switching (I'm currently using
\sometxt[gp][iwona,20]{some label} which doesn't work in MKIV and is
an ugly hack in MKII)
- there are some problems with (draw) externalfigure inside metapost
drawings; I might create an abstract layer around that
- transparent inline bitmap images don't work and they don't work in
MKII at all (partially due to limitations in metapost)