---Mojca wrote:

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 04:56, John Kitzmiller wrote:

> I think I can get this setuptex.bat automated for random context runs but,
>
> for some reason(s) C:>context somefile.tex will not work globally on my
> personal computer (Lenovo x100e) over which I have admin control (maybe I
am
> not a good admin?) and I have added C:\context\tex\texmf-mswin\bin to my
> PATH
>
> I still get "Lua script not registered" complaint when I try to compile
> outside of C:\context directory
>
> I suppose I could live with keeping all binaries and docs in C:\context,
but
> that is not so inviting compared to being able to pdfLaTeX a doc over
> Dropbox via MikTeX for example.

You need to have C:\context\tex\texmf-mswin\bin in front of MikTeX's
bin, else the command "context" will use LuaTeX from MikTeX and that
one won't find ConTeXt scripts.

However, you might stumble into some problems with LaTeX then, but it
might be possible to remove pdfTeX (during installation of ConTeXt you
can say --engines=luatex) and then it will be unlikely that you will
want to use the same binary with ConTeXt and LaTeX (I have no idea how
kpathsea would work in such a scenario).

Mojca

end of quote ---

Good thinking Mojca! Moving C:\context up in PATH has done the trick from
the command line. Now I will fuss getting editor to work.

I compiled a few of my standard docs through MiKTeX pdflatex and mpost docs
with no conflict so far. Thank you so much for the suggestion and thanks to
luigi and Hans for their help too.

Then I will read and play with wonderful ConTeXt manuals and generate a
million more questions ;)

--johnk