BTW, I am using evince under Ubuntu and haven't noticed too many
inconsistencies, but then I don't normally use transitions, but do use
incremental slides a lot, which I understand are also only pertinent
with PDFs: from p. 4 of the prosper manual in the section for Overlays,
``All those macros are only really meaningful in pdf mode; in ps mode,
they do nothing or interpret their argument, depending on the option
no/accumulate.''