On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 23:07, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> However, \startGNUPLOTinclusions is parsed and you could in theory
> misuse that, but it would be very bad coding practice.

(Wait, I'm not sure about that. I think that I fixed that for the same
reason, but I need to check.)

Either way the moral of the story is still the same: context parsing
is very very very confusing and you don't want to go there. In
particular you never know if something should be parsed and executed
before or after gnuplot processing.

One more example. One thing that would most probably work (I didn't
try it) would be the following:

\startGNUPLOTscript[name]
plot sin(x) t '$\pi = \ctxlua{math.pi()}$'
\stopGNUPLOTscript

How can you explain to ConTeXt whether lua command has to be executed
before or after gnuplot does its job? (label width will be wrong in
either case, but that's not the point)

Mojca