Am 2011-12-19 um 22:53 schrieb Hans Hagen:

It looks to me like \setuppaper resets paper size.
Is this something you can/will fix, or should I just document that you
need to setup imposition in this order?

you can check the next (not yet there) beta

the problem is that \setuppaper(size) can also set up the sizes directly (page=,paper=) .. (unfortunately page/paper is used while paper/print makes more sense but changing that now ...)

Hm, paper and page keys work neither in \setuplayout (as shown in wiki example for \setuppaper) nor in \setuppaper. They seem to get ignored in the first case (no effect, AFAICS) and give an error in the latter:
"""
ConTeXt ver: 2011.12.19 22:53 MKIV fmt: 2011.12.20 int: english/ english

system          > cont-new.mkiv loaded
(/Users/hraban/Library/texmf/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont- new.mkiv
system          > beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.mkiv
)
system          > testcal.top loaded
(testcal.top)
fonts           > latin modern fonts are not preloaded
languages       > language en is active
! Missing number, treated as zero.

system > tex > error on line 7 in file testcal.tex: Missing number, treated as zero ...

<to be read again>
                   \relax
\pages_paper_set_current_indeed ...c!width \relax
\global \paperheight \layo...
\setup_paper_size_settings_recalibrate ..._print ]
\fi \letlayouttargetparame...
\setuppaper ...up_paper_size_settings_recalibrate
                                                  \fi
l.7 ...kspace=10.5mm,page=a7,paper={a4,landscape}]
"""

This is my test file:
"""
%\setuppapersize                [A7][A4,landscape]
\setuplayout[location=middle,marking=on],page=a7,paper={a4,landscape}]
\setuppaper [nx = 3 ,ny = 1 ,dx =0mm,dy=0mm,topspace=19mm,backspace=10.5mm,page=a7,paper={a4,landscape}]
\setuparranging [XY]

\starttext

\dorecurse{3}{
\input knuth
\page
\input ward
\page
\input tufte
\page

}

\stoptext
"""

It works, if I uncomment \setuppapersize and delete the last two parameters of \setuppaper. Unfortunately it works only with my small test file, not with my actual project - I’m still investigating...

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/