Hello,

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 21:48, Gerhard Kugler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on my new netbook (Hercules eCafe) I have an ubuntu. It would be
> possible to install the official packages of texlive and/or context.
> But I would prefer a new minimal installation for a single user. If I
> call "first-setup.sh" I get:
>
> Error: your system "Linux armv71" is not supported yet.

Thank you very much for this report.

Just out of curiosity: how common are these processors? You are the
first one who asked and TeX Live doesn't ship the binaries for this
platform (http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/).

If we want to support the architecture, we need somebody to build the
binaries on regular basis. And since you seem to be the first and
possibly the only one using thing platform, that would probably mean
you. So the main question is: are you willing to keep compiling
binaries on regular basis?

(I'm not sure if it is possible, but in case it is, another option is
to have a virtual machine somewhere to compile the binaries.)

Mojca