Am 03.01.2012 um 20:31 schrieb Chris Lott:

> I know I could do it manually, but that makes the source ugly, so is
> there a way to redefine paragraph breaks so that instead of actual
> breaks in the output they are kept as running text separate by a
> paragraph symbol, e.g.:
>
> This is paragraph 1.
>
> This is paragraph 2.
>
> Becomes in the typeset document:
>
> This is paragraph 1. ¶ This is paragraph 2.

You can save the text in a buffer and replace the empty lines with the
paragraph symbol.

\startluacode

userdata = userdata or { }

function userdata.specialparagraph()
        local text = buffers.getcontent("specialparagraph")
        text = string.gsub(text,"\n\n"," ¶ ")
        context(text)
end

\stopluacode

\def\startspecialparagraph

{\dostartbuffer[specialparagraph][startspecialparagraph][stopspecialparagraph]}

\def\stopspecialparagraph
  {\ctxlua{userdata.specialparagraph()}}

\starttext

This is paragraph 1.