Am 13.01.2012 um 12:00 schrieb Richard Weickelt:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried to include some C-code into my document, but failed to enable
> syntax highlighting.
>
> Tested on: linux-64, context-2011.05.18 (same with the beta) stand-alone mkIV
>
> 1) \starttyping[option=C] just prints verbatim text. There seems to be no
> formatter for C out of the box.

There is no formatter for C code in MkIV but when you write one send the file
to Hans and he can include it in the distribution.

> 2) t-vim did not work. It failed somewhere (unknown command sequence
> \installspacehandler) on loading (\usemodule[vim])
>
> 3) http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Verbatim_text
> I tried to download pret-c and put it into the modules folder, but writing
> \installprettytype[C][C] failed, because it's not known (in mkIV).

MkII and MkIV have different implementation to format source code.

> 4) mkII does not complain to exec \installprettytype[C][C], but this does not
> change anything either. \starttyping[option=C] seems to call a (maybe
> builtin?) formatter, but I could not get colors to work.

The following is MkII only. There are two ways to have formatted C code, the
first is to define a C environment with \definetype[C][option=C] and then you
can put the code between \startC and \stopC, the second is to use the normal
typing environment and pass “option=C” as argument. To get colors in your code
you have to enable them first with \setupcolors[state=start].

% engine=pdftex

\setupcolors[state=start]

\definetyping[C][option=C]

\starttext