Am 23.01.2012 um 10:47 schrieb Otared Kavian:

> On 23 janv. 2012, at 08:45, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>

>> Am 23.01.2012 um 08:39 schrieb Otared Kavian:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> It seems that when using background, \startitemize[columns] does not work
>>> as expected: there are no columns, and the numbers of the items are pushed
>>> to the left.
>>
>> You can use the columns environment (which is used by itemize) in a framed,
>> framed text or background environment.
>
> Thanks Wolfgang for your attention.
> Now that you mention this, I understand that the columns environment cannot
> be used at the same time as framed or background environments. Is this a
> definite barrier?

It’s not a limitation of the mechanism \startcolumns uses to make multiple
columns because the same mechanism is also used by \startsimplecolumns but of
the implementation of the command. When you search the list archive you can
find examples with streams which permit columns in \framed etc.

Wolfgang